Pure Nutrition USA
Category: Amino Acids
Lowest price guarantee
Newtritions.com is committed to provide you with the strongest deals and the best supplement buying experience. Newtritions will match prices of a qualifying product with an identical product upon quick verification of the competitor..Submit the required information and we will respond within an hour .For more information, please refer to the Price Match Policy
Price Match Policy
· Price Match can only be made with identical items, which is same size, quantity, flavor, color, scent, and model.
· All price matches must be current. Products cannot be expiring soon, and they must be new, undamanged and unopened.
· Additional discounts and promotional codes cannot be used on price matched items. However, discounts and promotional codes can be used on regular priced and sale items in the same transaction.
· Newtritions reserves the right to verify and review the promotion of any competitor for accuracy of pricing, availability, and expiration dates.
· Newtritions also reserves the right to deny any price match request at anytime
Pure Nutrition L-Glutamine Powder provides pure Kyowa Quality fermented L-glutamine. L-Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid, meaning the body’s demand for it increases during instances of stress and/or prolonged physical activity. L-glutamine plays a variety of roles in the human body and is particularly important for keeping the immune system and gastrointestinal (GI) tract healthy.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein; they are imperative for repairing/building tissue, especially in muscles, bones, hair, skin, and nails. They also play a part in the function of glands, organs, tendons, and blood vessels.
L-Glutamine is the single most abundant amino acid in the human body, found in many tissues. It is a necessary precursor of two key neurotransmitters in the body, Gamma-aminobutyric acid (also referred to simply as GABA) and glutamate. Thus, low availability of L-glutamine in the body can disrupt proper production of these neurotransmitters. However, there are other supplements that increase production of GABA and glutamate more efficiently, such as phenibut and GABA itself.
Furthermore, research suggests that vigorous exercise can deplete L-glutamine levels in the blood significantly for up to six hours after the fact, making it a prudent supplement for athletes and active individuals.1 L-Glutamine is also necessary for proper protein and glycogen synthesis, both of which are imperative for active individuals.
L-Glutamine is also well-known to play a role in the gut, especially for encouraging healthy digestive function and intestinal wall integrity.2Moreover, when L-glutamine levels are depleted by exhaustive exercise (or stress), your immune system is readily suppressed;3 in turn, this leaves the body in a vulnerable state and prone to infection.
Given the importance of adequate amounts of L-glutamine in the diet, athletes, active individuals, and bodybuilders may stand to benefit from L-glutamine supplementation. Remember, L-glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid and deficiency is more likely to occur if you train intensely (and for long periods of time). In such circumstances, L-glutamine supplementation can:
Each serving of Pure Nutrition L-Glutamine Powder provides 5 grams of Kyowa Quality fermented L-glutamine, ensuring you get only the purest, most effective form of L-glutamine available. 5 grams of L-glutamine is typically thought of as a baseline dose, with some people taking up to 15g at a time. Based on research, it seems that 5g to 10g of L-glutamine taken during/after training and with meals is more than sufficient.
Realistically, the main benefit of L-Glutamine for athletes and bodybuilders is its role in the GI tract and supporting digestion. Given that active individuals tend to eat more than sedentary individuals, healthy digestion is crucial for maximizing nutrient absorption.
L-glutamine would make for a solid amino acid supplement if you prefer to do fasted cardio as well, since it is readily used for gluconeogenesis in the liver. Essentially, L-glutamine would help spare muscle loss from fasted cardio while not blunting the fat loss process (by inhibiting AMPk).
1. Keast, D., Arstein, D., Harper, W., Fry, R. W., & Morton, A. R. (1995). Depression of plasma glutamine concentration after exercise stress and its possible influence on the immune system. The Medical journal of Australia, 162(1), 15-18.
2. Elia, M., & Lunn, P. G. (1997). The use of glutamine in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders in man. Nutrition, 13(7), 743-747.
3. Calder, P. C., & Yaqoob, P. (1999). Glutamine and the immune system. Amino acids, 17(3), 227-241.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store in dry, cool place.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Note: Manufacturers continually change product specifications. We try our best to keep product descriptions up to date . We are not responsible for incorrect or outdated product descriptions and/or images.